Eggless Chocolate Cake with chocolate ganache frosting is a sure hit !!
Its been a while since I have been on my blog page. With the younger one learning to walk ,life has become a marathon :-D. Whatever the reason may be ,but we don't stop eating right ...While I am busy with the younger one , the older wanted a football cake for his birthday and football cupcakes for school. Wow ...I could not have asked for more !! I had made a football cake for his last birthday and it was my first time working with fondant. Made many a mistakes and learnt from it as well. So this time I knew exactly what I wanted. And I was really happy with the way the cake turned out and the taste was really good.
So many of them requested for the cake recipe and here it goes
For the eggless cake
for one 2 layer cake
1 1/2 cups of All Purpose Flour
3/4th cup of Granulated Sugar
11/2 cups of milk
1 tsp of white vinegar
1/2 cup oil (use a neutral oil like sunflower oil or vegetable oil)
1/2 cup of Cocoa powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
3/4th tsp Baking Powder
Pinch of Salt
1 tsp Vanilla Essence / Vanilla Sugar
Chocolate Ganache Frosting
400 gms of Dark Chocolate (atleast 72%)
200 ml of Cream (atleast 35% fat)
1. Pre heat your oven to 180 c
2. Grease a 8 inch cake tin with oil
3. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, soda ,salt and sugar.
4. In another bowl, mix oil , milk , vanilla essence/sugar.
5. Combine the wet and the dry ingredients to make a smooth cake batter.
6. Pour it into the prepared pan and tap it a couple of times to remove any air bubbles.
7. Bake it for about 35 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean.
8. Allow the cake to cool completely before de moulding and slicing.
1. Melt chocolate and cream using a double broiler method or using a microwave .
2. If using a microwave the time taken to melt would be merely a minute. Keep an eye on the microwave so that not to burn your chocolate.
3. When the chocolate has melted completely , stir the cream and chocolate until its combined well just like a chocolate lava :0
4. Cover the chocolate ganache with a plastic wrap pressing it in the middle so that there is no air to form a crust.
5. Keep it on a cool counter top for about 8-10 hrs.
6. The ganache will thicken up making the perfect frosting for cakes.
Note- If you are making a plain cake without any frosting or fondant, then 1 cup of sugar may be used.
Your Search Ends here..